Code of conduct
The following principles aim to create a culture that encourages both personal expression and constructive conversation.
- We all take responsibility for our own words and for the comments we post.
- We shouldn't say anything online that we wouldn't say in person.
- We comment deliberately and with accuracy, in a friendly, respectful and civilised tone.
- We acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- We disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- Our comments are relevant to the subject of the post.
Comments should not contain
- details that could offend those concerned or their relatives
- comments regarding ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, agitation against minority, profession or religion, if irrelevant to the context
- foul language or obscenities
- personal attacks or defamatory comments
- commercial messages or links to commercial messages
- pornographic, racist or sexist statements
- incitement, including incitements to criminal acts and other infringements of current legislation
- threats, harassment, gossip or lies
- unauthorised use of copyright material